Booking and Open Stage
Postcrypt runs during the academic year of Columbia University, roughly from September to the beginning of May, and booking is generally done one to two months before the night of a show. If you are interested in getting booked for a date, you can go one of the following routes:
- Come play at one of our open stages.
- Send us an email at our booking address, email@example.com
Demand to play at the Postcrypt is high! Please be patient as we receive several inquiries per day. It may take us a while to get to yours. Thanks for the interest!
(photo by Pete Shawhan, class of '75)
Open Stage (not open mike, because there are no microphones!) at the Postcrypt happens approximately once a month (generally the first Saturday of the month). The stage is open for musicians, comedians, storytellers, poets, or anything else you can think of. Performers are generally limited to two songs or 10 minutes. An impressive showing at the open stage can lead to a booking on a regular night at the coffeehouse.
Here are the rules for Open Stage:
- The building opens at 8:00PM, and that's when signup starts!
- The first 15 names will be chosen to perform that night.
- There is only ONE signup sheet, and it will be started by the manager that night.
- Open Stage runs from 8:30PM to 11:30, and we will not go past 11:45 under any circumstances!
There is always a large crowd for Open Stage. Unfortunately, there are only around 16-18 slots per night, so please understand that not everybody who comes hoping to perform will get a time slot. If you do not get a time slot, we welcome you to listen to and enjoy the great music of local musicians, and to come back to another Open Stage night and try again.